Monday, July 10, 2017

July 10 Greetings From Canada - EH

About 40 years ago we visited Victoria's Butchart Gardens with two toddlers and a grumpy me who just wanted to get back to his new job in Shelton Washington.  And for that ensuing 40-odd years, Val has whined that she was going to go back some day WITHOUT two toddlers OR a grumpy husband so that she could actually enjoy it.

Well the toddlers are all grown up, and I'm not NEAR as grumpy as I used to be, so off to Butchart Gardens it was.

And I have to admit even an X-engineer like me found a new appreciation for "flower power".  It was truly a a magnificent display of color, shape, smell, and yes, engineering prowess.

So now whether you like flowers or not, here is Butchart Gardens in a nutshell.




















So hopefully, a life-long wish of hers fulfilled, I can return to being a grump now-and-then.

Good night from Sooke Campground

Brad and Val

No comments:

Post a Comment